tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Johnston" <Jason.Johns...@epa.state.il.us>
Subject How do I get the requested page from the Request Object?
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:05:21 GMT

I'm just a little curious on this and I'm sure there's a simple answer.
 I've mapped a servlet with the following path "/inventory/*" which
seems to be working fine.  The servler sends the request to the servlet.
 However, I'm having trouble getting the page request from the request
object.  I'm just looking for index.html or similar value but I'm having
trouble getting to it.

The following methods return the following results:
Servlet Path: /inventoryContext Path: /boastuff Request URL:
http://localhost:8080/boastuff/inventory/index.html Request URI:
/boastuff/inventory/index.html Session ID: null

In the example I'm looking at request.getServletPath is used to
retrieve the index.html.  However, on mine it never gives that.  Do I
need to parse the Request URI or Request URL to get the actual page
request or is there a method I'm not finding?