tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aymeric Alibert" <AymericAlib...@alliantenergy.com>
Subject TC 4.1 and VM crash: how to report issue?
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:38:19 GMT
We are running a Tomcat 4.0 server in our production environment and
I am trying to upgrade to Tomcat 4.1.

I ran some load test recently and was horrified to see the server crashing even
under moderate load. After more testing, I found that starting the VM with the
-server option systematically crash the VM after few minutes of load test.
The server works fine even under heavy load with the -client option.
The same behavior can be reproduced with both JDK1.4.0 and JDK1.4.1.

My TC4.0 server runs fine with the -server option.

Now, this is obviously a JVM problem but probably won't have any help from
SUN since:
- I cannot create a test case to reproduce my problem.
- I works fine with TC4.1

Can someone help me with this issue or at least guide me to the right contact?
I found several tickets opened on the SUN bug database with similar issues but
none of them had a resolution or people assigned to work on them.

Thanks!

Aymeric