tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Mehringer <dmehr...@beren.ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject javax.servlet.ServletException when starting
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:05:07 GMT
I have a (valid) jar file in the WEB-INF/lib directory of one of my web
apps.  Threre are other jar files in the same directory which seem to load
fine on startup, but when loading this one, there is some error which I
don't understand (snippets from trace below from the log).  I'm running
tomcat 4.1.12 under linux. I can elaborate more if this description isnt
adequate. Thanks for any assistance.
Dave

2002-12-03 11:56:42 ContextConfig[/archive] Exception processing JAR at
resource path /WEB-INF/lib/huh.jar
javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception processing JAR at resource path
/WEB-INF/lib/huh.jar
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:930)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid TLD resource path
/WEB-INF/lib/huh.jar
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:898)

2002-12-03 11:56:42 ContextConfig[/archive]: Marking this application
unavailable due to previous error(s)