tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: mod_jk connection issues, more information.
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:25:11 GMT
On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Simon Chatfield wrote:

> The number of open connections....
>
> # netstat -a |grep 8009 |wc -l
>       175
> #
>
> actually, I think that shows both sides of the connection between apache
> and tomcat + the listener, so that's 87 connections...
[ ... ]

I think how many of these can exist is controlled by the maxProcessors
attribute setting in the Ajp13Connector Connector tag in server.xml.
Also, you can see messsages about their starting up in
cataling_log.YYYY-MM-DD.txt (where YYYY-MM-DD is the date).  And it
may be correct that they are not closed/stopped once they're started.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu