tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Almost there...Updated Apach-Tomcat with mod_jk .. please he lp!
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:39:43 GMT
On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Rafael Angarita wrote:

> > I ran ps -A which listed all processes.  httpd (apache) was not one of
> them.
> > I am assuming PID means Port ID(?), and neither 443 nor 80 was listed...
> > This is all very strange and I am starting to sense that I will have to
> > reinstall Apache...
>
>     PID is process id.
>     Denise, if you are under Solaris try lsof (I'm not sure if the sources
> are available to compile it under another platform)

Yes, lsof is available for a variety of UNIX platforms.

>     Run:
>     # lsof -i -n -C | grep 443
>     it should returns the process that is using the port 443
>     (use -C option if you are under Solaris 5.8)

I can't get this to work for me on my system (AIX).  First of all,
there's no -C option (perhaps because, as you suggest, it's a
Solaris-specific option).  But I think more importantly, it says it's
"rejected because of security mode".  apache/httpd is running as
another user, and I'm guessing the sysadmin has things setup so I
can't get that information.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu