tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Catalina Directory Listing
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:34:41 GMT
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Gerrit Grobbelaar wrote:

> Please help, the following is still unresolved:
> Would still like to do it the proper way though.
> I know with Tomcat 3.2.x it was as simple as referencing the
> RequestInterceptor component in server.xml:
>
>     <RequestInterceptor
>         className="org.apache.tomcat.request.StaticInterceptor"
>         debug="0" suppress="true" />
>
> So now for the HOWTO with Catalina.
> Apparently the equevalent for the RequestInterceptor component is the Valve
> component, but I'm not so clear on the implementation of this.
> Anybody?

AFAIK, the "proper" way to control whether directory listings are
shown is to use the listings parameter of the default servlet in
web.xml, as you outlined in your original post below.  You can do it
in the conf/web.xml to affect all webapps, and/or do it in the
individual webapps' web.xml's (e.g. to override the default).

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu