tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kristján Bjarni Guðmundsson <kris...@hugvit.is>
Subject Re: JDK or is JRE sufficient?
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:36:19 GMT
I can't speak for the HP-UX JVM but I am running Tomcat with just the JRE
in Windows.

The steps to do that are:

1) Copy the tools.jar from the JSDK to the lib directory in the JRE, this
contains
the java compiler library, used for compiling JSP pages.

2) Modify the startup script for Tomcat (setclasspath.bat) and remove the
checks for
jdb.exe and javac.exe

"Pfingstl Gernot" <gernot.pfingstl@stmk.gv.at> wrote on 19.12.2002
15:39:44: