tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kristján Bjarni Guðmundsson <kris...@hugvit.is>
Subject Re: Run Tomcat without JDK
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 09:54:20 GMT
Yes you can include just the tools.jar from the JSDK with your JRE.
At least that is what I do, and it works.

This is from the JRE Readme.txt:

Redistribution of Java 2 SDK Files
The limited set of files from the SDK listed below may be included in
vendor redistributions of the Java 2 Runtime Environment.  All paths
are relative to the top-level directory of the SDK.

  - The javac bytecode compiler, consisting of the following files:
        bin/javac           [Solaris(TM) Operating Environment
                             and Linux]
        bin/sparcv9/javac   [Solaris Operating Environment
                             (SPARC(TM) Platform Edition)]
        bin/javac.exe       [Microsoft Windows]
        lib/tools.jar       [All platforms]

news <news@main.gmane.org> wrote on 05.12.2002 07:48:16:

> I've never tried it myself, but in theory you should be able to run
Tomcat