tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L Sowders" <rsowd...@usgs.gov>
Subject Re: Tomcat and Apache integration
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:03:38 GMT
It comes up an awful lot.

ftp://pokey.wr.usgs.gov/pub/rsowders/Apache2_Jk2_TC4.1.x_JSDK1.4.x.zip

This will also help.

http://www.geovelocity.com/index_apache-tomcat-arcims.html

I know both work for XP also.

rls

David Durant <cholten99@yahoo.co.uk>
12/02/2002 04:54 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Tomcat and Apache integration

Hi,

This subject must come up so often I'm sure there must
be an up-to-date FAQ somewhere. If there is I'd be
grateful if someone could direct me to it.

I'm running the following configuration:

.Windows XP
.Apache 2.0.43 (serving correctly on port 80)
.Tomcat 4.1.12 (serving correctly on port 8080)

I simply wish to configure apache to forward JSP and
servlet requests to Tomcat.

I have read the "Working with mod_jk" page:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/mod_jk-howto.html#s8

and tried to follow the steps described. I have:

1) Downloaded the mod_jk DLL and placed it in the
apache modules directory

2) Edited httpd.conf to add the line "Include
TOMCAT_HOME/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf" at the end

3) Tried to run tomcat from the DOS command line with
"startup.bat jkconf" to auto-generate the apache
config files. As far as I can tell this does not work.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with the
following:

1) Create the auto-generated apache config files

2) Confirm the changes to httpd.conf

3) Explain what "workers.properties" is (nowhere to be
found in the default apache or tomcat installations on
windows)

Thanks in advance.

David Durant.

=====
It is unwise to put things you are allergic to in your mouth - especially
if it's cats
.