tomcat-users mailing list archives

From echam...@TXU.COM
Subject Loading Properties Files
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 21:35:40 GMT
Hello All:

I have a handful of classes, some static, that contain commonly used
functionality
that my web applications are using. Now, I am adding in a new static method
which
will require the Class to load a properties file within the Static
Initializer.

My problem is that the class cannot location my properties file. I am
unable to
use other suggested methods that I have noticed on this list since those
problems
involved Properties File within Servlets.

After some testing, I determined for some reason the default directory it
is looking
for my properties file is the Windows System Directory (Determined this by
opening
a file in the default directory, outputing something in it and searching
for the file).

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem? I do not want to hard
code the
exact location due to obvious reasons

Thanks,
Ej Chambers

contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the
addressee.  If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be
advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying
or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any
attachments from your system.