tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sexton, George" <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Y or N Q re: WEB-INF/lib
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 18:43:05 GMT
You need to re-read the original message. You are reading more into the
message than the person wrote.

>>Classes placed in $CATALINA_HOME/myWebApp/WEB-INF/classes will be
>>automatically picked up by Tomcat and served.  Is the same true for



-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: 09 December, 2002 11:23 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Y or N Q re: WEB-INF/lib


Howdy,
He wasn't talking about serving anything to the user ;)  Not about
servlets specifically, which is where the invoker comes in.  Just the
class loader reloading modified classes.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics


>-----Original Message-----
>From: Sexton, George [mailto:gsexton@mhsoftware.com]
>Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 1:17 PM
>To: Tomcat Users List
>Subject: RE: Y or N Q re: WEB-INF/lib
>
>I don't think you answer is quite right. Classes will not be
automatically
>served under 4.0.6 unless the default invoker is configured in
server.xml.
>Classes must be explicitly named in the application deployment
descriptor
>to
>be served otherwise.
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
>Sent: 09 December, 2002 10:51 AM
>To: Tomcat Users List
>Subject: RE: Y or N Q re: WEB-INF/lib
>
>
>Hi,
>You have to restart the webapp.
>
>And for WEB-INF/classes, they'll only be automatically picked up if
your
>context has reloadable="true" in its configuration.
>
>Yoav Shapira
>Millennium ChemInformatics
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Price, Erik [mailto:eprice@ptc.com]
>>Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 12:24 PM
>>To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
>>Subject: Y or N Q re: WEB-INF/lib
>>
>>Sorry to trouble you with this simple yes or no question (Tomcat
>4.0.6):
>>
>>Classes placed in $CATALINA_HOME/myWebApp/WEB-INF/classes will be
>>automatically picked up by Tomcat and served.  Is the same true for
>JAR'd
>>classes placed in $CATALINA_HOME/myWebApp/WEB-INF/lib ?  or do I have
>to
>>restart the webapp....
>>
>>
>>Thank you,
>>
>>Erik
>>
>>--
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-
>>unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>>For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-
>>help@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>
>--
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
><mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>For additional commands, e-mail:
><mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>
>--
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-
>unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-
>help@jakarta.apache.org>


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
<mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message