tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Abbate" <>
Subject RE: Virtual Hosting with Tomcat
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:41:41 GMT
I'd say to just send requests directly to Tomcat on it's port..usually 8180
or 8080

then edit the server.xml file to point to where you want it to serve your
webpages. Here's an example config:

<Host name="">
  <Context path="" docBase="/home/mydirectory/public_html" debug="0"/>

you'll put that in your server.xml file in between:

  <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
    <!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy -->
    <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">

<Host name="">
  <Context path="" docBase="/home/mydirectory/public_html" debug="0"/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Rixford []
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 11:31 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Virtual Hosting with Tomcat

Hi there,

I need to setup virtual hosting with Tomcat.  We are not running the
full Apache server, just Tomcat and its web piece.  Can this be done?
Everything I have found so far refers to Apache not Tomcat on its own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>