tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Abbate" <co...@ectisp.net>
Subject RE: Virtual Hosting with Tomcat
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:41:41 GMT
I'd say to just send requests directly to Tomcat on it's port..usually 8180
or 8080

http://yoursite.com:8180

then edit the server.xml file to point to where you want it to serve your
webpages. Here's an example config:

<Host name="yoursite.com">
  <Context path="" docBase="/home/mydirectory/public_html" debug="0"/>
<Alias>www.yoursite.com</Alias>
</Host>

you'll put that in your server.xml file in between:

  <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
    <!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy -->
    <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">

<Host name="yoursite.com">
  <Context path="" docBase="/home/mydirectory/public_html" debug="0"/>
<Alias>www.yoursite.com</Alias>
</Host>

    </Engine>

  </Service>