tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <bc...@norvax.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.12 startup speed
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:34:11 GMT
I have recently upgraded about 200 virtual hosts from tomcat 3.2.4 to tomcat
4.1.12 and noticed that it takes much longer to start the server.  Tomcat
4.1.12 seems to print out quite a bit of information about each virtual host
and context that it is creating, which may be causing the long startup time.
Each host has at least three contexts, which means there are over one
thousand messages printed by the time all hosts are loades and before tomcat
can take any requests.

Is there a way to turn off the logging (I already have everything set to 0)
or speed up the startup?

Thanks!

Brandon