tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jean-Francois Mach" <jean-francois.m...@priceminister.com>
Subject RE: tomcat doesn´t show latin characters when i start the system
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 12:30:24 GMT

It depends how you start tomcat when you boot the system. Usually it is a
script in :
/etc/rc.d/init.d
or
/etc/init.d

Just add
export LANG=XXX
at the beginning of the script, where XXX is the value of LANG in your
shell;

If you stop/start it from a crontab on a regular basis (daily or weekly,
which is usually good practice), just add
LANG=XXX
at the top of your crontab file (man 5 crontab if you don't know how it
works)