tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Clark, Anthony" <ac...@umich.edu>
Subject New User Directories at Runtime?
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 18:48:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently setting up a class using tomcat and user directories with the <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
../> and I was wondering about the following items:

1)  If I add a new user, currently it seems that Tomcat doesn't recognise that user's ~/webapps
directory at runtime.  That is, I have to restart the tomcat service (using RPMs on RedHat
7.2).  Is there anyway for Tomcat to recognise new user-webapp directories at runtime?

2)  Will Tomcat pick up any changes to WEB-INF directories at runtime, or do I have to restart
for this as well?

Thanks!

/*
 * Anthony Clark
 * e-Lab Systems Administrator
 * University of Michigan Business School
 * 701 Tappan Street, Rm A2120
 * Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1234
 * Tel: (734) 764 2295
 * Cel: (734) 262 0933 (out of hours emergencies)
 * Fax: (734) 763 4032
 * aclrk@umich.edu
 */