tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael McLawhorn" <>
Subject SSL, IIS, and Tomcat 4.1.12
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:16:10 GMT

I have spent the last several hours hacking around in the archives and have
seen the same question asked several times, but no clear answer given.  I
have also spent about ten hours with various configuration tweaks.

I am trying to get Tomcat to act as an application server behind IIS.
With http connections, this has been working without difficulty.  I want to
modify it to work with SSL.  I can get Tomcat to server SSL w/o difficulty,
I can get IIS to serve SSL without a problem.  However, when I try to use
https://myserver/mywebapp, the browser hangs indefinitely.  Sometimes it
returns after several minutes with a page with all links of the form
http://myserver:443/*.  Viewing the logfiles, it appears that when an
https:// request is initiated, the web app is running without problems and
the redirector is running without problems.

So why is the browser hanging, and what can I do to fix the configuration?

Mike McLawhorn

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message