tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Samuel Monsarrat" <smonsarr.li...@free.fr>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.12 - Oracle 9.2 - Linux RH7.3 - OCI drivers
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:48:26 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to get a tomcat app to run on a RH7.3 server. My App needs to
connect to a 9.2 Oracle database that is on the same machine. I am having
problems getting the OCI drivers to work with tomcat.
I am using a OracleOCIConnectionPool.

My Database is set up fine and if I install my tomcat server on annother
(windows) machine all is fine but on the linux server I keep getting an
Exception when OracleOCIConnectionPool.getConnection() is called It seems to
be an SQLException but I cannot get any info on it as the error raised is
ORA-16999 which does not exist!
I am able to connect to the database with the thin driver with tomcat, and I
am able so set up a working OracleOCIConnectionPool outside tomcat in a
stand alone java class on the Linux box.
Here is the stack trace:

java.sql.SQLException: Message [ORA-16999] not found in
'oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.Messages'.
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
        at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIEnv.getEnvHandle(OCIEnv.java:91)
        at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:390)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:346)
        at
oracle.jdbc.oci.OracleOCIConnection.<init>(OracleOCIConnection.java:64)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:465)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:314)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)
        at
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleOCIConnectionPool.createConnectionPool(OracleOCIConne
ctionPool.java:1092)
        at
oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleOCIConnectionPool.getConnection(OracleOCIConnectionPo
ol.java:226)
        at com.scenari.s.fw.pooljdbc.HPoolOracleOci.hGetConnection(Unknown
Source)

I have added $ORACLE_HOME/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH in
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/tomcat4.conf etc.

Can anybody help?

Samuel Monsarrat.