tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: I don´t understand the objective of this open list !
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 22:19:13 GMT
Hi,
I agree with Mr. Turner is right (as is usually the case ;)).  To add to his comments: what's
preventing you from writing some documentation?  As you know, tomcat is an open-source project.
 No one is getting paid to work on it.  Maybe you could write a great book on tomcat?

Or perhaps, before sending a blatantly wrong email that's unlikely to generate many positive
comments, much less to get any of the developers to write documentation, you should do some
research:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1861007736/qid=1039471948/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-6211655-4096158?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1893115364/qid=1039472075/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/102-6211655-4096158?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/
http://www.jguru.com/faq/Tomcat
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&r=1&w=2

And many others if you search google or other search engines.

Does the existing documentation completely and clearly cover every possible use case?  No.
 Is it all readily accessible and easy to digest? No.  No one claims that it is.

It would be more constructive if you at least stated specifically what was missing in order
to answer your questions.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics