tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: I don´t understand the objective of this open list !
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:38:30 GMT
Hi,
Maybe this will help.  I'll describe my rationale when I saw your question.  As you summarized
them:

>1. Nobody has to installed tomcat 4.1.12 and
>2. Nobody has to run the simple examples of tomcat 4.1.12 after the
>install.

Obviously, people (including myself) have done this before.  However, as someone who tries
to contribute to this list by answering people's questions, I:
- Look for questions that are of interest to me to answer / discuss, which tend to be things
a bit more involved than the above.
- Am limited by time.

>don´t understand how to people with big knowledges don´t have a minimal
>time for help something.

Understand it ;)  There are a lot of people on this list who are very knowledgeable and like
to help.  However, most of us do have full-time jobs and this list does have hundreds of messages
a day.  No one (I know of ;)) gets paid for answering questions on this list.  People answer
what's interesting to them.

And then, when the occasional person goes off on a "how come no one answered my question?!?!"
rant, I personally tend to block them out and not pay much attention to future questions from
them.  It's not ideal, but that's the way it is.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics