tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Layout/setup for a web-app...help?
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 19:40:36 GMT
Hi,
Assuming your servlet class is com.yourcompany.yourservlet, do the
following:

- Add the servlet declaration to your deployment descriptor (web.xml):
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>YourServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>com.yourcompany.yourservlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

- Add the servlet mapping to your deployment descriptor:
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>YourServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/YourServlet</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

- The link from your index.html would then look like:

- You don't need to edit server.xml.

- If your servlet is packaged as above, it should be in
/myproject/WEB-INF/classes/com/yourservlet/YourServlet.class

- If you have any errors in the tomcat logs, post them to the list.

Good luck ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

documentation