tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Why does Tomcat not set HTTP_Referer?
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:47:07 GMT
Howdy,
Please refer to RFC 2616, section 14.36, for an explanation of the
referrer (misspelled) header.  It is not set by the server, e.g. tomcat
in your case.  It is set by the client, probably a browser in your case
(but could be a cell phone, mock objects, whatever).

There are known bugs in all major browsers (although I'm not sure about
very recent versions, I haven't checked for a while) with regards to
setting of http referrer.  For example, IE 5.x doesn't set referrers
from popup windows.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Why
>does Tomcat not set this variable? Am I just doing something wrong?
Help.