tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hamilton, Andrew" <Andrew.Hamil...@afccc.af.mil>
Subject RE: Tomcat dies
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:12:45 GMT
I have been using Tomcat on Solaris 8 for months and it backgrounds for me
just fine.  What do the logs say?

Regards,

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Ritenburg [mailto:mritenburg@sti.nasa.gov]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 10:53 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Tomcat dies

I have asked this question before.  I have been all over the net looking for
information.  The problem remains:  On Solaris 2.8 Tomcat started from the
commaned line via startup.sh does not background properly and dies when the
controlling tty is exited.  I have tested this on a Sunfire 280r that IU
built and 2 domains of a Sunfire 6800 build by Sun filed engineers.  I have
read the suggestions of putting nohup in and "&."  None of this works. All
of the other processes startup and background properly.  Who can tell me why
Tomcat does not backgroun properly on Solaris 8?

Thanks again!

Matthew Ritenburg