tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Schnitzer, Jeff" <JSchnit...@maxis.com>
Subject RE: Struts - XML/XSL
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 05:09:30 GMT
Take a look at the Maverick MVC framework (http://mav.sourceforge.net).  It is Struts-like
in concept, but you can run any model through an arbitrary pipeline of XSLT (and several other)
transformations in Cocoon-like fashion.  The pipeline will be efficiently connected with SAX
events if appropriate.  As an example, you can easily run your model through an XSLT transformation
and then through a FOP transformation to send PDF back to the client.

Using the optional Domify module, you don't even need JSP to generate the XML in the first
place.  The Domify adapter uses reflection to create a lazily-loaded DOM fa├žade of your model
directly.  This is much more efficient than generating and parsing text XML.

Try it out :-)

Jeff Schnitzer