tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Brayton <jb-tom...@virtualsanity.com>
Subject Re: Develop App: Message says JAVA_HOME is not set
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:02:16 GMT
Paul Campbell wrote:
> JAVA_HOME is set in my profile and I have verified
> by echo $JAVA_HOME. Initially, I had it set to a
> symbolic link /var/java but made it explicit with the same result

A couple things to check:

Verify that you have (either in your profile or manually) typed "export
JAVA_HOME".  This will make the environment variable available inside
other scripts, such as the Tomcat start/stop script.

If you are starting Tomcat under a different user account (root?), the
environment variable needs to be set under that account.

John