tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ron Day" <ron...@ronday.cc>
Subject RE: javabean problems
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 18:43:57 GMT
what is "com".....

Either it is part of package name and needs to be added to package to make
it:

package com.testbean;

, or the com directory needs to be removed.

don't use root, use your own webapp.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikael Gvransson [mailto:micke@debinary.net]
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 11:47 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: javabean problems

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:00:05 -0600
"Ron Day" <ronday@ronday.cc> wrote:

> Your javabeans are not in a package.Tomcat 4.xx does not like this as it
> puts it in the default package, and then cannot find it at run time.
>
> Just put your beans in a package, recompile and then add your package
> directory structure under the "classes" directory.
>
> i.e if you have com.my.package for a bean mybean.class, then
> put mybean.class in webapps/WEB-INF/classes/com/my/package directory

i tried making a testbean package.
webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/com/testbean/JellyBean.class

and added in the top of the file:
package testbean;

and
<jsp:useBean id="jb" scope="session" class="testbean.JellyBean"/>

and i got a diffrent error msg:
The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: testbean.JellyBean
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.BeanRepository.getBeanType(BeanRepository.java:18
3)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.visit(Generator.java:67
6)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$GetProperty.accept(Node.java:552)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:1028)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visitBody(Node.java:1070)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visit(Node.java:1076)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Root.accept(Node.java:232)
	[..]
	more similar error code ...

--
 _  _  . |   _   _  |   micke@debinary.net