tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Rixford" <mrixf...@SeeBeyond.com>
Subject RE: Virtual Hosting with Tomcat
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 18:14:10 GMT
Many thanks!  I was able to get rid of the port number in the address
with your info.  However the other issue exists.  I have tried different
variations of the context path but none seem to work.  Still hammering
at it.

Thanks,

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimer Shioshvili [mailto:vshioshvili@qrc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 9:45 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Virtual Hosting with Tomcat

Mike,

in server.xml file in conf folder find connector tag (in new version
it's
coyteconnector, in old version it's httpconnector) (or just search for
8080) and replace 8080 with 80. that will eliminate need for :8080.

also in server.xml, for the webtop context, make path="" and webtop's
index.htm(l) will become default page. it will be something like this..

         <Context path="" docBase="webtop" debug="0"
reloadable="false"/>

Cheers
Vlad
At 12:27 PM 12/31/2002, you wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>Many thanks for the info.  I am still having the following problems I
>hope you can help with.
>
>A)  Our domain name is seewithin.stc.com.  The application is in a
>folder called "webtop."  I would like the default location to be the
>webtop folder.  However no matter what I do, when I type in
>seewithin.stc.com:8080, it goes to the default "Tomcat" page.
>
>B)  I would like to leave out the port number in the address.  Is there

>a way to configure this?
>
>Many many thanks for all your help!
>
>Mike

Vladimer Shioshvili

QRC Division of Macro International Inc.
7315 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 400W
Bethesda, MD 20814

Phone: (301) 657 3077 ext. 155