tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Rixford" <mrixf...@SeeBeyond.com>
Subject RE: Virtual Hosting with Tomcat
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:27:35 GMT
Hi there,

Many thanks for the info.  I am still having the following problems I
hope you can help with.

A)  Our domain name is seewithin.stc.com.  The application is in a
folder called "webtop."  I would like the default location to be the
webtop folder.  However no matter what I do, when I type in
seewithin.stc.com:8080, it goes to the default "Tomcat" page.

B)  I would like to leave out the port number in the address.  Is there
a way to configure this?

Many many thanks for all your help!

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Abbate [mailto:cogea@ectisp.net]
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 9:42 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Cc: Mike Rixford
Subject: RE: Virtual Hosting with Tomcat

I'd say to just send requests directly to Tomcat on it's port..usually
8180 or 8080

http://yoursite.com:8180

then edit the server.xml file to point to where you want it to serve
your webpages. Here's an example config:

<Host name="yoursite.com">
  <Context path="" docBase="/home/mydirectory/public_html" debug="0"/>
<Alias>www.yoursite.com</Alias> </Host>

you'll put that in your server.xml file in between:

  <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
    <!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy -->
    <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">

<Host name="yoursite.com">
  <Context path="" docBase="/home/mydirectory/public_html" debug="0"/>
<Alias>www.yoursite.com</Alias> </Host>

    </Engine>

  </Service>