tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lee Chin Khiong <le...@cmks.com.sg>
Subject RE: Tomcat setup troubles
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:17:05 GMT
You should set JAVA_HOME as C:\j2sdk1.4.1_01

-----Original Message-----
From: Ines Robbers [mailto:robbers@comprehend.de]
Sent: 17 December 2002 09:23
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Tomcat setup troubles

Hello again,

Sorry to bother you with these simple things but could someone tell me
whether this is correct:

I tried to set up the environment variable like this:

CATALINA_HOME    C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1

I put it into both the user variables and system variables. Is this
correct?

Also I set a JAVA_HOME variable like this:

JAVA_HOME     C:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\bin

The problem is that when I type in the Prompt field I get the error
message: JAVA_HOME variable is not defined.
Also a window popps up saying: "-djava.endorse=" could not be found...

Tomcat is installed under C:\Programme\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
The JavaEngine under C:\j2sdk1.4.1_01

I'd appreciate any hint how I could get Tomcat to work!!

Many thanks

Ines