tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Schultz, Cecilia" <Schultz_Ceci...@rsccd.org>
Subject no such method error on ((org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriter Impl)out).flushBuffer();
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 22:47:17 GMT

Hello,
I am using Tomcat 3.3.1, win2k + IIS 5, IIS redirects to Tomcat

I have a simple test1.jsp:

 <% String thispage="test1.jsp"; %>

 this page is <%=thispage %>

I was getting the same exact error "no such method error on ((org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriter
Impl)out).flushBuffer(); "

(message posted http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/archive/view?mesg=49279  )

Thanks to the message posting, I looked for other .jars in the classloader hierarchy, and
it turned out there was a j2ee.jar under my webapp's WEB-INF\lib folder, which had a JspWriterImpl.class
with no flushBuffer() method.  I removed the j2ee.jar from WEB-INF\lib and now I can see test1.jsp
with no errors.

My question is now, I see other jars under WEB-INF\lib that are generic, I think they should
not be under WEB-INF\lib webapps's specific lib folder: jars like  mail.jar, mailapi.jar activation.jar,
imap.jar, (j2ee.jar itself). Where is the coorect place to put these generic non-webapp-specific
jars?

Thank you
Cecilia