tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk---still trying, getting closer
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2002 02:58:43 GMT

Whoa, I have NEVER seen a worker called "ajp.13" before.  I can't imagine
that that would work at all, as "." is a separator in workers.properties.
Is there a reason you are using that instead of "ajp13" or something else?

Also, what exact URL are you trying to access?  What URL is not working?

>From your httpd.conf, the only possible URL that would work, aside from the
examples, the manager app, and the admin app, is:

http://localhost/j_tools/servlet/HelloWorld

and

http://localhost/j_tools/some.jsp

Are those what you are trying?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Ford [mailto:jford@katzenjammer.us]
Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2002 6:22 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: mod_jk---still trying, getting closer

Denise:

Other than path names, the major differences between your set up and
mine is that you use SSL, and I don't, and you have a lot more modules
loaded than I do (in addition to mod_jk).  But I don't see those
differences as having anything to do with why yours works and mine
doesn't.  For one thing, this installation of Apache is on my
development workstation, and I just installed it to test the tomcat
connection.  So, it doesn't need to be a fully functional web server.
 At least, not yet.

Also, I removed the comments from my conf file so I can find things :)

I have tried it both ways---with an include statement pointing to
mod_jk.conf in tomcat/conf/auto,  and with statements inside httpd.conf.
Same results.

I have also experimented with a variety of permissions on both files and
directories.

My configuration files are attached.

Thanks.

Jerry