tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Moore" <tmo...@blackboard.com>
Subject RE: RE: I don´t understand the objective of this open list !
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 22:19:58 GMT

So buy a commercial app server with commercial support.  Or hire a consultant that knows Tomcat.
 There are lots of productive things you could do to get an app server working, but complaining
on the mailing list about how sucky Tomcat is probably won't.

> Is the point of Jarkata to keep geeks happily typing away or to
> provide something useful?  Software is not useful if you can't
> explain how to use it properly.

I believe the point originally was to provide reference implementation code for the servlet
spec that could be used as an example or basis for commercial app servers.  But plenty of
people have used it successfully as a production standalone app server, so that's where it
is today.  YMMV.

Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863