tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Roberts, Eric" <Eric.Robe...@one.at>
Subject RE: exception loading sessions from persistent storage?
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:21:53 GMT
Paul,

Here is an extract from server.xml as shipped with TC:

          <!-- PersistentManager: Uncomment the section below to test Persistent
		       Sessions.

               saveOnRestart: If true, all active sessions will be saved
                 to the Store when Catalina is shutdown, regardless of
                 other settings. All Sessions found in the Store will be
                 loaded on startup. Sessions past their expiration are
                 ignored in both cases.
               maxActiveSessions: If 0 or greater, having too many active
                 sessions will result in some being swapped out. minIdleSwap
                 limits this. -1 means unlimited sessions are allowed.
                 0 means sessions will almost always be swapped out after
                 use - this will be noticeably slow for your users.
               minIdleSwap: Sessions must be idle for at least this long
                 (in seconds) before they will be swapped out due to
               maxActiveSessions. This avoids thrashing when the site is
                 highly active. -1 or 0 means there is no minimum - sessions
                 can be swapped out at any time.
               maxIdleSwap: Sessions will be swapped out if idle for this
                 long (in seconds). If minIdleSwap is higher, then it will
                 override this. This isn't exact: it is checked periodically.
                 -1 means sessions won't be swapped out for this reason,
                 although they may be swapped out for maxActiveSessions.
                 If set to >= 0, guarantees that all sessions found in the
                 Store will be loaded on startup.
               maxIdleBackup: Sessions will be backed up (saved to the Store,
                 but left in active memory) if idle for this long (in seconds),
                 and all sessions found in the Store will be loaded on startup.
                 If set to -1 sessions will not be backed up, 0 means they
                 should be backed up shortly after being used.

               To clear sessions from the Store, set maxActiveSessions, maxIdleSwap,
               and minIdleBackup all to -1, saveOnRestart to false, then restart
               Catalina.
          -->

It looks like you have enabled the peristence manager.