tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Roberts, Eric" <>
Subject RE: Specifying the name of war file while using Ant
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 09:02:12 GMT

You just need to edit your build.xml file.

Find the section for the dist target and make the jar command something like:

    <jar jarfile="${dist.home}/${}.war"

The example build.xml that comes with ant puts the version number into the war filename.

-----Original Message-----
From: vim m []
Sent: Mittwoch, 04. Dezember 2002 21:10
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Specifying the name of war file while using Ant

I am new to Tomcat. I have installed version 4.1. And have tested successfully my first basic

I am using Ant to create the distributable files. My application name is test. When I execute
the 'ant dist' command, the war file is named test-0.1-dev.war. Is there anyway I could just
create a test.war file instead? Should I make some changes in my build file? I have just adapted
the files that were given in the documentation.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message