tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Leach <robleac...@earthlink.net>
Subject JAVA_HOME on Mac OS X?
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:05:51 GMT
Hi,

I tried running the startup.sh script for tomcat and it says I need a
value for the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

I assumed that since I installed the developer package that came with
Mac OS X 10.2 that I would have it, but after doing this search:

	find / -name "jdk*" -print

and getting no results, I started searching for the JDK online to
download it.  Sun's website however doesn't appear to have one for Mac.
  I also tried searching apple's website to no avail.  Google was just
as helpful.

I'm at a loss.  I've been searching for hours and I just can't find it.
  What am I missing here?  This should be simple.

Thanks,
Rob