tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Garrett" <Johns...@cbsnews.com>
Subject Apache HTTPD & Tomcat: Where does mod_jk step in?
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:52:04 GMT
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I'm using Apache 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.12 with JK on Win2K.  I'm using the
JkMount directives to send all requests to /servlets/ and /*.jsp to Tomcat.

However, I need to know where in the server processing JK actually
intercepts those requests and shoots them off to tomcat, and what
preprocessing Tomcat does to them afterwards.  Can Tomcat use it's own
Realms to handle authentication or does Apache need to do that?  Do aliases
map the request in Apache before JK grabs them?

WORKFLOW.  That's what I need to understand.  Does anyone know much about
that?  Is there some documentation available somewhere on this workflow?
I've ripped www.apache.org and jakarta.apache.org apart and found nothing.

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi.  You're my only hope.