tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Garrett" <Johns...@cbsnews.com>
Subject Using response.sendRedirect() with POST
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:13:44 GMT
Is there any way to encode parameters into a redirected response WITHOUT
just encoding them into the URL like this:

response.sendRedirect( "/errorpage.jsp?errorcode=12" );

I'd like for it to be transparent to the user, using post, or some other
invisible method like the

request.setAttribute( "errorcode", "12" );
dispatcher.forward( request, response );

method when using a requestDispatcher, but I _do_ want the user to see the
main URL, so I can't use the dispatcher, (I don't think...)

Thanks in advance :)