tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Garrett" <Johns...@cbsnews.com>
Subject Tomcat/HTTPD Integration
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:06:54 GMT
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I've got 2 problems here:

1.  I've got a webapp sitting in the /webapps/ROOT directory, and I'd like
to be able to access it using Apache HTTPD instead of Tomcat's built-in
server.  However, the way it's set up now, simply typing in
http://www.myserver.com will bring up my index.jsp page.  How do I both
instruct Apache to serve up all requests for the root directory to Tomcat,
and how do I set up that alias to use MY index page?

2.  I'm currently instructing my servlet to handle erroneous form data by
sending the user back to the JSP with the form in it, with a flag embedded
within the request.  This let's me force them to resubmit, only with
reminder messages.  The code on the servlet side looks essentially like
this:

try
{
	updateDatabase( req ); //My own method
}
catch( SQLException e )
{
	req.setAttribute( "error", "true );
	ServletContext context = getServletContext();
	RequestDispatcher dispatcher = context.getRequestDispatcher(
"/start.jsp" );
	dispatcher.forward( req, res );
}

My question is, how do I get the URL on the client side to reflect the
forwarding?  Right now, the URL in the browser still indicates that they're
being handled by the servlet, while I want it to indicate that they've
returned to http://www.myserver.com/start.jsp.

Thanks in advance, kids...