tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Garrett" <Johns...@cbsnews.com>
Subject RE: trying to use jar file in jsp page.
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 19:50:41 GMT
JAR files do not go in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.  They go in the
/WEB-INF/lib directory.

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner, John [mailto:JTurner@AAS.com]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 2:45 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: trying to use jar file in jsp page.

Sorry, my bad, I guess I wasn't clear.

com.equifax.rcas.tools is a directory structure.  It doesn't look that way,
but it is.

Let's step back and cover some basics:

- if you have .java files, you have the source.  Those won't work without
compiling them.  If they are under WEB-INF/classes, they need to be compiled
(.class extension).

- if you have them under WEB-INF/classes, you need them in the correct dir
structure that matches your reference.  If you are using
com.equifax.rcas.tools.SomeClass, then you need
WEB-INF/classes/com/equifax/rcas/tools/someClass.class.

- if you have a JAR file, and the contents of the JAR file are .class files,
then you can put the JAR file under WEB-INF/lib.

Is this equifax library publicly available?  On a website somewhere?  Or is
it a special library only for certain people?  If it's only available to
certain people, did you pay for it?  Do they have support?  It might help
others to help you if we could have a better idea of what's in the package
that you have, what documentation there is (and whether it's even accurate),
etc.

John