tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Garrett" <Johns...@cbsnews.com>
Subject RE: Cannot Run Servlets, only JSP's, Part II
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:01:05 GMT
Oh, yeah:  My system information:

Win2K, SP3
Tomcat 4.1 listening on Port 8080

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnson, Garrett
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 11:59 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Cannot Run Servlets, only JSP's

I'm running through the O'Reilly (onjava.com) tutorial on deploying
applications in Tomcat, and I can't seem to get servlets to work.  I render
JSP's just fine, but once I request a servlet, I get a an HTTP Status 404
error:

The requested resource (/onjava/servlet/com.onjava.login) is not available.

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?  I can include any
necessary log files if requested, but I've wandered through them and they
don't _appear_ to be of any help.