tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denise Mangano <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject RE: Connecting Tomcat 4.1.12 with Apache 1.3
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:53:40 GMT
Jerry,

I know you have same version of Apache and Tomcat I do.  By any chance are
you running RedHat Linux 7.2 / 7.3?  I ran into same problem with
encountering error during configure, and just downloaded the binary.  That
is the binary that I downloaded, but when I try to gunzip it tells me the
file is not in gzip format.  Did you have a similar problem?

Denise

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Ford [mailto:jerry@katzenjammer.us]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 1:17 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Connecting Tomcat 4.1.12 with Apache 1.3

John:

I took your advice from yesterday, replaced mod_webapp.so with mod_jk.so
and now jsps and servlets don't work.

They worked fine under mod_webapp, including my own HelloWorld app in
addition to the Tomcat examples. Now they don't work, although I am able
to get to the HTML pages using, for example,
http://localhost/examples/servlets.  But the servlets and jsp examples
themselves all generate an Apache port 80 internal server error.

 I followed the instructions on your howto page, (except that the
configure script fails---I have been able to build apache, tomcat, ant,
and mod_webapp on my system, but mod_jk fails, so I just grabbed your
posted binary.)

I added the listener statements to server.xml.

mod_jk.conf shows  <Location>  entries for each of the webapps, and
there is a JkMount entry for the servlets (including my HelloWorld entry).

mod_jk.log is empty.

What more do I need to do?

Thanks, Jerry