tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Paliwoda" <jpaliw...@bybaxter.com>
Subject Remote access to Tomcat's naming service
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 20:35:59 GMT
Does anyone know how to get an InitialContext to Tomcat's naming service from outside of Tomcat's
JVM? The documentation only describes how to get it from within Tomcat. I imagine it will
look something like the following:

Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
env.put("java.naming.factory.initial", "com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory");
env.put("java.naming.provider.url", "iiop://localhost:1091");
Context ic = new InitialContext(env);

Also, is there a way to use Tomcat's naming service to hold references to remote objects?
That is, can I have a class that inherits UnicastRemoteObject or PortableRemoteObject with
a stub (created with rmic) in a Tomcat JVM and have it executed from outside of Tomcat?
Thanks,
John