tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Can I use Type4 Driver in Tomcat 4.1.12
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 05:13:11 GMT

A Type4 driver is all you should use.  If you use the driver directly (if
you don't use the Jakarta commons DBCP JNDI connection pooling) you can put
the driver jar file in WEB-INF/lib or shared/lib or common/lib.  If you use
commons DBCP, then you *must* put the driver jar file in common/lib and
then configure DBCP the way it says in the Tomcat docs.

Jake