tomcat-users mailing list archives

From micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: HELP!! Tomcat crashes on me!
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 21:15:51 GMT
I have no idea what you did in the server.xml file.  I don't know what "I
put the context path in the ROOT section recently to try to view a JSP in
my web browser..." could mean you were doing.  The context tag is not for
JSPs.  I really don't know what to say.  What I want to say I won't say
because I am afraid you will take umbrage at it.  I have no idea what you
are trying to do or what you have done.  I do know that you can pretty much
open up Tomcat, set the environmental variables, toss in a war, and run
it.  You don't have to fuss with the server.xml file at all to do
that.  What do you want to do?

At 12:59 PM 12/2/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>  Micael, before I refer to my problem w. Tomcat NOT starting the
> correct/right way
>for me, I MUST point out something about u (And I frankly don't care at all if
>this observation of you gets my emails in the future filtered out of your
>inbox or
>not!!) and that is that you are WAY TOO DAMNED ABRUPT and almost demanding
>in the
>way that you seem to deal with everyone else in this newsgroup of ours!!!
>I mean,
>in your last posting dealing with my problem, you had to say that the
>problem was
>with the <Context> tag in the C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12\conf\server.xml
>file, and
>to CLOSE IT!!! Do you really have to be so damned demanding of me?! I mean you
>don't even know me at all, so what gives you the right to talk to me--or
>enyone
>else--like that???
>
>  With having said that, lemme say that I was just now in that server.xml
> file,
>following up on the advice that a Bill Barker gave me, NOT any advice from
>Micael,
>and I couldn't readily find at what place exactly in the file I should do the
>editing to close the Context tag. There are 2 sections in it that refer to a
>context tag, for the ROOT or for the EXAMPLES. I put the context path in
>the ROOT
>section recently to try to view a JSP in my web browser, so maybe I messed up
>things in the file by doing that, I don't know.

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you