tomcat-users mailing list archives

From micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: HELP!! Tomcat crashes on me!
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 21:12:10 GMT
I mean to close the tag.  Did you misunderstand that?  Do you want me to
drag on the point?  I really have absolutely no interest in insulting you
and only am trying to help you.

I am not ordering you anything.  I just am not taking the time to be as
chatty as you would like.  Sorry.  I am taking the time to help you, you
know.  I don't mind that.  But, if I am trying to help you, why do you care
if I am being "abrupt" which I would prefer to describe as "terse"?

At any rate, it is not my intention, or my desire to upset you.  I am
trying to help.  Maybe you need different help than I provide.  Sorry.

Micael

At 12:59 PM 12/2/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>  Micael, before I refer to my problem w. Tomcat NOT starting the
> correct/right way
>for me, I MUST point out something about u (And I frankly don't care at all if
>this observation of you gets my emails in the future filtered out of your
>inbox or
>not!!) and that is that you are WAY TOO DAMNED ABRUPT and almost demanding
>in the
>way that you seem to deal with everyone else in this newsgroup of ours!!!
>I mean,
>in your last posting dealing with my problem, you had to say that the
>problem was
>with the <Context> tag in the C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12\conf\server.xml
>file, and
>to CLOSE IT!!! Do you really have to be so damned demanding of me?! I mean you
>don't even know me at all, so what gives you the right to talk to me--or
>enyone
>else--like that???
>
>  With having said that, lemme say that I was just now in that server.xml
> file,
>following up on the advice that a Bill Barker gave me, NOT any advice from
>Micael,
>and I couldn't readily find at what place exactly in the file I should do the
>editing to close the Context tag. There are 2 sections in it that refer to a
>context tag, for the ROOT or for the EXAMPLES. I put the context path in
>the ROOT
>section recently to try to view a JSP in my web browser, so maybe I messed up
>things in the file by doing that, I don't know.

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you