tomcat-users mailing list archives

From micael <caraun...@harbornet.com>
Subject Re: HELP!! Tomcat crashes on me!
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 22:03:01 GMT
The envirnomental variables probably are irrelevant, so long as you did not
change the name of your directories, especially the one Tomcat is in.  What
you probably have is some problem with how you set up the web.xml, or a war
or application in the TOMCAT_HOME/webapps directory.  Since you don't say
what you have done, it is impossible to tell.  If you download Tomcat and
follow the simple directions, it works everytime in my experience.  So, why
don't you start from scratch and keep a list of what you do, so you can
tell us?  Probably, if you do that, you won't even have anything to say,
because it will work.

JRun is another list.  Irrelevant here.  What?  Are you trying to do
dynamic Flash or something?  Why would you want Tomcat and JRun?  Sounds to
me like you might be mixing two incompatible servers.

Micael

At 01:42 PM 12/1/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>  Hello all. I need some help w. Tomcat 4.1.12 simply CRASHING ON ME when I
>try/attempt to activate the damned thing!!! Now, what in the hell could be
>possibly causing this anyway??!!!
>
>  I WAS using the version 4.1.16 of Tomcat for a little while before it
> too started
>to crash on me. I might suggest a possible solution: delete and then write in
>again all of the environment variables in the System settings. Does that "ring
>true" with anyone out there or not? I mean, once I finally figured out how
>to "do"
>those variables the correct way, then everything sort of fell into place and I
>finally got Tomcat going, at least for while. Listen, this is a bit off
>topic, but
>I was also wondering if anyone out there knows anything about Macromedia's
>JRun
>Server or not and how to configure it to run properly? There are 3 kinds of
>servers for it, the Default, the Examples, and the Admin. I got the
>Default server
>up and running twice last nite, and the Admin server running once earlier
>today.
>The folders for the 3 kinds of servers are C:\JRun4\servers\[admin, examples,
>default], and if I could just go to work editing them the right way, then
>I could
>get JRun running.

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you