tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milo Hyson <m...@cyberlifelabs.com>
Subject How does Ant find org.apache.catalina.ant.InstallTask???
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 01:01:35 GMT
I just installed a new Tomcat development workstation and I'm getting
the following error whenever I run ant:

taskdef class org.apache.catalina.ant.InstallTask cannot be found

Looking through the setup (and build.xml file), this seems to be a valid
error as the location of that class
($CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/catalina-ant.jar) isn't specified anywhere.
However, the app builds just fine on an identically configured workstation.

I figure I must have missed a step somewhere when installing the new
machine. I've gone over and over the installation instructions for both
Ant and Tomcat. I can't find anything I've missed. Based on all of the
instructions on the Tomcat website, and using the example build.xml
file, it shouldn't work at all. The location of the taskdef'd classes is
never specified anywhere.

Anybody have any insights?

--
Milo Hyson