tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Eaves <...@eaves.org>
Subject HTML Manager Application "FAIL - Invalid application URL was specified"
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:47:15 GMT
Hi all,

First, the preamble:

Tomcat 4.1.12, Windows 2k.

I've searched the archives to no avail.
I've had a million monkeys typing in URLs without success.
I've even read the documentation, but that didn't help.

Can anybody tell me the magic combination that I need to type
into either the Config URL or the WAR URL ?
(Can somebody confirm that Config URL = context.xml URL ?)
WAR works for a foo.war and an unpacked foo.war so I guess
that's the only choice left.

I suspect the HTML Manager App is broken because after it
whines at me (or my monkeys) for what was typed in I can edit
the URL in the browser and generate a line that is valid and
actually install my web application.

Here's how I can "make it work"...

1. Path: /hello
    Config URL: [ empty ]
    WAR URL: file:c:\devel\jon\hello\build

Results in :
FAIL - Encountered exception java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:

2. Edit the browser URL and remove the "installConfig=&"
Results in :
OK - Installed application at context path /hello

So, broken, or is there some magic that I'm missing.

Please hurry, my monkeys are getting tired and I suspect they
will faint from hunger before getting the right combination. ;-)

Cheers,
	-- jon

--
Jon Eaves <jon@eaves.org>