tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Eaves <...@eaves.org>
Subject Custom Valves and Administration Tool
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:38:48 GMT
Hi all,

Thanks to Bill Barker, my custom valves now are installed happily
within Tomcat and are valving away nicely without spewing MBean
exceptions into the log.

I was hoping to manage the valves via the Administration tool.

Q1. Is this possible ?
Q2. Do I have to modify the Admin tool ?
Q3. How do I configure it ? (what needs to be in server.xml ?)

I would have thought it was possible, as the Admin tool appears
to parse the server.xml and generate stuff based on that, and my
Valves have implemented the LifecycleListener interfaces so I'm
a tad confused about where to go from here.

Cheers,
	-- jon

PS: I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the documentation
in Tomcat for general users/administrators is first rate. This
stuff is a bit thin, but what they heck, most people don't need
or want to do this.

--
Jon Eaves <jon@eaves.org>
http://www.eaves.org/jon/