tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peng Tuck Kwok <pengt...@makmal.net>
Subject Re: Run Tomcat without JDK
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 02:08:57 GMT
I don't really see how they can raise a issue with this. Even if the use
some other app server, all of them insist that you install a jdk first
in order to use it. I can think of Sun One Application Server as a prime
example of this, although it allows you to pick a existing installation
of jdk.

Billy Ng wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We ship J2EE app to Windows box.  Our installer will install the JDK and Tomcat to the
box.  However, some customers complained that they did not like to install the JDK.  Is there
a way to run the J2EE app on tomcat without the JDK?  Can we maybe just include the JRE or
tools.jar in the app instead of installing the entire JDK?