tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peng Tuck Kwok <pengt...@makmal.net>
Subject Datasource and Web.xml
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 04:09:42 GMT
If a web application uses a jndi datasource, should the web.xml contain
the definition for the datasource before deployment (that is in the war
file) or after deployment (that is after the war file has been deployed)
? This sounds strange as I was having problems with this in tomcat
4.1.12 , where Tomcat could not start if the there was a resource
definition in the web.xml. Of course I can't create a resource for the
context using the admin interface since the context doesn't exist yet.
I've used Sun one server and all seems ok so what is the correct
sequence for doing things in tomcat?